Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Traits Tuesday -- ANYTHING GOES!

 
Weighing in a little late in the day for our new linky--Traits Tuesday... This week's topic is ANYTHING GOES!

I have chosen to share a wonderful idea that I found on Make, Take & Teach from back in 2012--focus sticks.

The picture comes directly from Julie's post on Make, Take & Teach.

I found this idea some time ago and will be making some of these goodies soon.  Before I do, I am going to have my students brainstorm some picture icons to represent each of the traits we focus on for much of the first half of the year--ideas, organization, and conventions.  I will then create a cup of focus sticks that will be housed in the writing center for students to use as they are writing and editing.  Love this idea!  I think having this visual/kinesthetic item will help guide and motivate students.  I will post a picture of our finished focus sticks after doing some further work with my students... :0) Fly on over to Make, Take & Teach to learn more!

Join us in the learning fun and link up your ANYTHING GOES traits ideas for this week's Traits Tuesday!


Just grab our button, create a post, and stop back to link up!



2 comments:

  1. Those focus sticks are the cutest ever! I need to incorporate those somehow in my classroom! Adorable and I bet very effective!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. I can see how they would work with traits, comprehension strategies, Leader in Me habits...

    Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete