Friday, September 20, 2013

Fabulous Finds Friday - Septemeber 20, 2013


Whoo-ee, it's been a busy week! We are ending the week with Fabulous Finds Friday...


I have been wanting to add some nonfiction books on CD to our classroom listening library, yet they have not been easy to find.  Just recently I stumbled across a series of nonfiction (many written with a blend of facts and a "story") texts on CD called Read, Listen, & Wonder.  SO I ordered three that I thought looked especially interesting, and they came in the mail a couple of days ago.  They are truly wonderfully written and illustrated and are the prefect fit for my second graders.

After finishing dinner the night the books arrived, I passed one of the books to my husband and told him to take a look at "these awesome books."  He looked through a book and came to the inside of the back cover where about 15 books in the series were featured.  He asked me if I was going to get the whole collection.  I chuckled and said, "That would be nice...".  He asked me how much they were, and just like that he said he would like to buy the collection for my classroom.  My response, "Dear, you don't have to do that!"  His response, "I said I wanted to buy them, so you better order them before I change my mind!" Anyway, I hopped on amazon.com and placed my order!

Here are just a few of the titles I purchased...


Cost: $8.09 each (includes book and CD) on amazon.com.

We would love for you to link up your fabulous finds! Just grab our button, link back to us in your post, and link up below.  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Smiles!


2 comments:

  1. Your husband is so sweet! And you will have that happy memory every time you use those books at school.

    Love that they come with a CD, too...so many of my students don't have anyone reading to them (except me!), so they don't know what good reading sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Thanks so much for stopping by. Many of these are also great examples of how a writer combines facts with a "story".

      Have a great weekend--
      Sarah

      Delete