Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spark Student Motivation Saturday -- Fun with QR Codes!



Fun with QR Codes

Both Courtney's and my kids love QR codes! What a simple means of motivating students and providing opportunities to self-correct.


The students in the pic above are working with super hero themed inference cards created by Fun in Fifth Grade.


I have also purchased some QR code products from Caitlin Kramer.



AND I have created some myself!




 

The latest sets I have made are informational text QR code task cards--similar to those I purchased from Caitlin Kramer, but tailored to our explorations.  These are not posted for free or for sale because I scanned some wonderful new informational texts that just arrived in our library.  I thought the QR cards would also spark some interest in these new texts come library day...


If you have never used QR code activities with your kids, I encourage you to try some.  Lots of goodies available out there, and they are super easy to make.  I used QR Code Generator.

As the school year nears an end, I find myself reflecting back on a year, that at times seemed long and came with its challenges, to relish in my students' accomplishments.  They have come so far! So I share this quote with you all...


Don't forget to fly on over to Head Over Heels for Teaching to read more motivational ideas!


Wishing you the best for a Happy Easter!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your quote! So true and a powerful reflection of your teaching! QR Codes are very motivational and your monster QR Codes are adorable-I bet your kids love them! Thanks for sharing and linking up Sarah!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! My kiddos love QR codes. I hope you don't mind, but I've linked up your post to my "Classroom 'App'lications" linky!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete