Sunday, September 30, 2012

Picture Book Discovery: UPDATE!

Before the school year started, I shared a wonderful picture book that I discovered over the summer, Agate.  I also uploaded a bulletin board idea to go along with the book on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Just wanted to share the amazing watercolor portriats my students made to accompany the writing activity we did related to the story. Their portraits will hang in the classroom all year, once taken down off of the bulletin board.  The kids loved this!




I purchased the poster in the center of the bulletin board from Lake Superior Press. It shows all of the beautiful watercolor animals from the picture book.

1 comment:

  1. Yay - I LOVE Agate! I stumbled on it a few summers ago at a parts store with my dad in Green Bay, WI ... such a gem!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete